Students who will attend Berks Technical Institute presented scholarships
Six local high school students were honored Thursday at Berks Technical Institute's 13th annual Scholarship Awards Banquet.
During the ceremony at Golden Oaks Country Club in Ruscombmanor Township, the students, all seniors planning to attend BTI, were awarded scholarships to help cover the cost of their future educations.
Three were awarded the president's scholarship, which covers half of their tuition, and three were given the director's scholarship, which covers a quarter.
Those receiving the president's scholarship were:
- Austin Brown, Exeter High School, who will enroll in the drafting technology program.
- Mason Eshleman, Warwick High School, who will enroll in the criminal justice program.
- Dakotah Miller, Hamburg High School, who will enroll in the medical assistant program.
Those receiving the director's scholarship were:
- Bailey Davis, Daniel Boone High School, who will enroll in the graphic design program.
- Rosa Rios, I-LEAD Charter School, who will enroll in the medical assistant program.
- Lynn Thompson, Daniel Boone High School, who will enroll in the dental assistant program.
The winner were selected from over 150 applicants and 20 finalists.
All applicants went through a process that included an essay, exam and an interview session with industry professionals.
Reporter, Staff. "Students who will attend Berks Technical Institute presented scholarships." Reading Eagle.,08 May 2015. http://readingeagle.com/news/article/students-who-will-attend-berks-technical-institute-presented-scholarships&template=mobileart