Start Your New Career With A Business Administration Associate in Specialized Business Degree Program
Are you interested in a career in business? Do you like the idea of working in a fast-paced office environment? BTI’s Business Administration program has provided students from Reading, Wyomissing, Birdsboro and Lititz with the skills needed to launch a career in the corporate world. Why not you, too?
At BTI, we know what business owners know — good managers can be the difference between success and failure. As a result, our Business Administration curriculum prepares you to seek entry-level management opportunities. You’ll learn basic accounting, finance, marketing techniques and much more. With our career-focused classes and hands-on training, you’ll not only gain the knowledge necessary to start a new career, you can be a leader at your next position.
This is a CampusFlex track program. This training option lets you spend most of your time learning in one of our classrooms with a group of students. You’ll also be able to complete some of your coursework online.
What You’ll Learn During Business Administration Training:
In our Business Administration program, you’ll learn key business principles and gain experience in all the aspects of business management including finance, marketing, human resources and more. By the time you graduate, you’ll have the skills needed to manage employees, maintain financial records and understand the day day-to-day operations of a business. We’ll teach you:
- Management principles including leadership, ethics and small business management
- Small business payroll accounting and financial management
- Marketing concepts including market research and product promotion
- Human resources functions such as hiring practices and employee training and evaluation
Towards the end of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a 120-hour externship. This externship will provide you with hands-on training and will give you the opportunity to work with professionals in your field. You and an Externship Coordinator will choose a site that is aligned with your career goals. By the end of the externship, you have the knowledge and the real-world work experience that employers are looking for. Click here for more information on the benefits of our externship course.
Career Opportunities in Business Administration
Because our Business Administration program provides comprehensive training in multiple business and management principles, you’ll have the skills to find a variety of positions in the business field. Here are just some of the careers you’ll be prepared for:
- General Office Clerk: Office clerks make sure the office runs smoothly. They file, organize and maintain business records as well as handle client communications. At many small businesses, Office Clerks are also responsible for payroll and human resources duties.
- Insurance Claims Clerk: If you like working in a team environment, insurance claims and processing is the career for you. Insurance Claims Clerks work alongside insurance brokers and agents, reviewing insurance policies and preparing claims forms. You’ll also work closely with clients, informing them of their claims status and answering their questions.
- Manager: Whether they work in an office environment or in retail, Managers are responsible for overseeing employees, tracking expenses, preparing payroll and other duties that maintain the short and long term operations of a business. With the knowledge you gain from your Business Administration training, you’ll be prepared for a managerial position at a variety of companies.
Start on the Path to a New Career!
At BTI, we understand the importance of career-focused education. That’s why we work to make sure that every student has access to the training they need to transform their careers. From our externships to our lifetime career assistance, we’ll work with you to ensure you get the most out of your education.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call at 866.481.9301 or request information online to learn more about our Business Administration program.