Licensure and Accreditation
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (“ACICS”) to award certificates, diplomas and associate in specialized business/technology degrees. The United States Department of Education ended its recognition of ACICS as an accrediting agency in December 2016 and is requiring that we and all other ACICS-accredited schools obtain accreditation from another recognized accreditor by June 12, 2018. We are actively pursuing alternative accreditation. ACICS is located at Suite 980, 750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4241 (202) 336-6780.
Our Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Phone: (727) 210-2350
- The school is authorized by the Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to confer the degree of Associate in Specialized Business/Technology for completion of certain two-year programs.
- The school is licensed (registered) by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools.
- The school is an eligible institution for students to receive Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency Grants.
- The school is an eligible institution for students to receive United States Department of Education Title IV Aid (Pell, SEOG, FWS) and for participation in the Federal
- Direct Loan Program.
- The school is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Veteran’s training.
- The school is approved by the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation for the training of rehabilitation students.
What Does That Mean for You?
When you enroll in one of the programs at BTI, you will know that you are receiving a quality education from experienced instructors. We have high standards of excellence, and we make sure each student graduates with the knowledge needed to enter the workplace.
*"About ACICS." ACICS. Web. 7 Apr. 2015.