HVAC & Basic Refrigeration Training
Start Building Your Future
HVAC & Basic Refrigeration Training Program Details
*BTI does not guarantee third-party certifications. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by BTI but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to BTI. Therefore, BTI cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take certification examinations, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.
- Air Conditioning
- Electrical Systems
- Heating & Heat Pumps
- Technical Customer Service
- Business Communications
- Equipment Repairs
What is NCCER?
Why is NCCER important to you?
Earning NCCER’s industry-recognized credentials means you, having undergone approved training, and have met the standards set by the NCCER. Your universally recognized credentials in your craft represent a national portability of your skills.
Additionally, NCCER manages credentialing and certification through its Registry System, which assists craft trainees and professionals by maintaining their records in a secure database.
NCCER also drives multiple initiatives to enhance career development and recruitment efforts for the industry, primarily through its Build Your Future initiative.
Why is NCCER important to employers?
Many organizations and companies track the qualifications of their craft professionals and possible new hires through NCCER’s Registry System. Those with NCCER credentials may be more desirable to potential employers.
What Does an HVAC & Basic Refrigeration Technician Do?
Still unsure if HVAC & Basic Refrigeration is the program for you? Let’s walk through some of the main tasks and day-to-day routine of what it looks like to be an HVAC & Basic Refrigeration technician.
*BTI cannot guarantee employment or salary.
- Prepping and ensuring job site safety
- Performing HVAC installs and removals
- Connecting and changing electrical wiring
- Testing for carbon dioxide and monoxide
- Following complex blueprints
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Performing diagnoses using diagnostic tools
- Troubleshooting systems
- Performing tests and analyzing results
- Performing repair work while maintaining site safety
- Verifying systems have been fully repaired
- Listening and understanding customer needs and concerns
- Clearly communicating the issue and solutions to the costumer
- Explaining complex and intricate pricing
- Accurately pricing out time needed for repair
Ready to Enroll?
Start earning your way to the career training you have been dreaming of with our hands-on programs at Berks Technical Institute. BTI is the perfect place to begin your journey in skills-based careers. Learn more about our programs or schedule a tour to visit our innovative learning labs and campus today.