We provide our graduates with Career Assistance.
LEARN ABOUT OUR
Let our Admissions Representatives help make enrolling simple and stress-free.
What You'll Learn in CDL Class A Training
The instructors in our CDL Training: Class A Tractor Trailer program will work to help you master the skills necessary to pass the CDL exam and earn your license. You’ll get a unique combination of classroom and hands-on training to prepare you for the exam and life on the road.
The CDL training school will teach you:
- Defensive driving techniques
- Proper vehicle safety inspection procedures
- Size and weight laws, cargo handling, and motor carrier safety regulations
- Trip planning for efficient and safe deliveries
Towards the end of the program, you’ll get 20 hours of on-road driving and 40 hours of observation to make sure you’re ready for the test and your new career.
Career Opportunities for CDL Class A Drivers
After completion of the CDL driver driver-training program, you’ll be able to seek a variety of entry-level opportunities including:
- Tractor Trailer Driver: As a Tractor Trailer Driver you’ll be responsible for delivering goods across long distances. You’ll also load and unload cargo, keep records of deliveries and properly inspect and maintain your vehicles.
- Long Haul Driver: If you like road trips and driving long distances, you should consider a career as a Long Haul Driver. These drivers transport freight across the country in relatively short periods of time. They are also responsible for maintaining their vehicles, planning their trips and ensuring cargo is secured.
Commercial truck driving is regulated both by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the state in which you live. It is important to keep our highways safer for the driving public, Truck Drivers and to protect the enormous investment in equipment and cargo--to do so Commercial Truck Drivers are subject to strict standards including:
- Have a valid driver’s license at the time of enrollment and throughout the training period
- No suspended or revoked license will be accepted
- Must be 21 years old to drive state-to-state (interstate classification)
- Must be 18 years old to drive solely within the license-issuing state (intrastate classification)
- Pass the D.O.T. physical and consent to drug testing prior to starting training and randomly throughout training
- Special license requirements
- Be able to read, speak and write English well enough to pass the Commercial Driver's License test, converse with the general public, understand highway signs and signals, respond to official questions and make entries on reports and records
- Pass a Federal and three-year motor vehicle record (MVR) background check
- Have a valid Social Security card
- Provide proof of high school graduation or its equivalent, for example, a GED certificate
Jumpstart Your Career with Our Affordable CDL Training: Class A Tractor Trailer Program Today!
If you’re looking for trucking schools in PA, look no further than BTI! Our CDL Training: Class A Tractor Trailer program will teach you the skills to start an exciting new career. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today!
Our Admissions Representatives are waiting to help you with every step of the enrollment process, from helping you apply, to informing you of our affordable financial aid options (financial aid is available for those who qualify). Call us today at 888.881.5954 to start the application process or click here to request more information.
*This school is regulated as a commercial motor carrier by the US DOT and PADOE. It takes fewer than 300 hours to complete this program; therefore it is not eligible for Title IV funding.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Heavy and Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-material-moving/heavy-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm