Earn Your IT Support Specialist Associate in Specialized Technology Degree at BTI
Computers have become a key component of everyday life and information technology (IT) is important in nearly every industry. Having a strong understanding of how computers work is a valuable skill that is in high demand. This field is projected to grow over the next several years as well. If you have an interest in computers, now is the time to go to school to earn your Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in our IT Support Specialist program. You can learn the skills you need at our campus located near the Reading, Wyomissing, Sinking, Spring and Birdsboro areas.
Training includes IT Support classes in which you'll use equipment to build computers, plan networks and set up information security protocols. BTI's instructors are motivated to help you do well and share their professional insights. The IT Support Specialist program also has a fantastic Peer Leader program where students can get assistance with their courses from other students.
We provide our graduates with Career Assistance.
LEARN ABOUT OUR
We'll help you every step of the way making enrolling simple and stress-free.
Courses in BTI's IT Support Specialist program
The focus of our IT Support Specialist program is to teach students the skills needed to become a competent and successful information technology (IT) professional. This program covers all aspects of IT, including building computers, configuring equipment such as routers and issue troubleshooting techniques. Courses in this program include:
- Practical Computer Applications - This course provides practical computer and general administrative skills required to utilize the computer as a tool in an office or clinical environment. Students will gain confidence in the use of the internet, email, productivity software, and associated computer hardware and software. The course will utilize a number of projects to reinforce the functionality and flexibility of the computer.
- Application and Database Concepts - This course prepares students to cover introductory concepts underlying the design and implementation of databases and database applications. Will also include Object Databases, Security, XML, SQL, MYSQL, Data Mining, and Web Service topics. A hand’s on approach will also be provided giving students an opportunity to install and work with a database application, implement technical concepts such as database design, query processing, transaction processing and lead to an overall basic and introductory understanding of SQL and Oracle. Students will be prepared to take the MTA 98-364 Exam in Database Administration upon successful completion of this course.
- Certification Review - This course will review the overall competencies and objectives related to the CompTIA Network+ and Microsoft MCSA in Windows 7 and Windows Enterprise Desktop Support Technician Exams.
These are just a few of the comprehensive courses that make up the IT Support Specialist program at BTI. Click here to request more information about our IT Support Specialist courses.
Potential Career Paths for People With an IT Support Specialist Associate in Specialized in Technology Degree
There are many types of careers available for IT professionals. Thanks to the widespread use of information technology, specialists are needed in almost every field to keep machines running smoothly.
Career options for graduates of this program include:
- Help Desk Specialist - Help Desk Specialists offer support for users by addressing requests for help over the phone, online or in person. They troubleshoot issues to determine the cause of the problem and to find the appropriate solution. They can focus on computer hardware, specific software, operating systems and more.
- Network Administrator - These individuals install, set up and provide ongoing support for an organization's computer network and infrastructure. They conduct security tests and analyze network performance to ensure that everything is working properly.
Externship Opportunities for IT Support Experience
In addition to IT Support classes, we require students to participate in an externship. Externships offer the chance to apply what you've learned in a real-life setting. Externships also give you a glimpse into the working world and what it's like to be a part of the field.
Whether you''re interested in an externship with a small business or in an IT firm, we can place you in an environment that will be a great fit for you.
How BTI Supports You in Finding a New Career in Technology
We offer our students assistance in each aspect of their relationship with BTI. We''re here for you through the application process, during your time at BTI, and even after graduation. Our Career Services team is available to all our alumni. We have useful workshops and can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, and more, regardless of where you are in your career.
Learn More About Earning Your IT Support Specialist Associate in Specialized Technology Degree at BTI
Don't wait to start your career in the IT field. Contact our Admissions Representatives online or call 888.881.5954 to request additional information about our available programs and applying to BTI.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer Support Specialists, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm