Career Services and Placement Assistance
At Berks Technical Institute, our mission is to provide you with a quality education that will lead you to your new career. Part of that plan is our unique Graduate Placement Strategy, your own personal GPS system that provides you with the best job placement assistance.
From Classroom to Career
Our Graduate Placement Strategy (GPS) is designed to prepare you for the job market and to help you succeed in your new career once you’ve been placed. We recognize that knowledge learned in the classroom isn’t the only aspect of a quality education. We believe it is important for you to gain hands-on experience as well.
How BTI's GPS Works:
- Meet with an Admissions Representative: As part of the the admissions process, you will meet with an Admissions Representative to ensure that you are placed in the program that is the best fit for you.
- New Student Orientation: Once you are admitted, but before classes start, you will attend an orientation where you will meet other students, staff and faculty, who are all there to help you take steps to your new career.
- Career Portfolio: As you complete your education, you will have access to our employment placement services. As part of that service, we will work with you to develop a Career Portfolio where you will combine your class projects and letters of recommendation to show potential employers.
- Externships and Practicums: One of the most important aspects of your resume that can help you find a job when you graduate is having hands-ons experience. Many of our programs provide you learning opportunities through an externship or practicum, a place where you can apply the things you learned in the classroom.
- Career Workshops: In these career workshops held throughout the year, our placement assistance department provides tips on how to best present yourself on paper and in person. These employment placement services empower you through solid resumes and interview skills.
Since our programs began in the 1980s, we have been building partnerships in the community with local businesses. Berks Technical Institute has cultivated nearly 500 working, professional relationships within the community, which means we have the resources to help find you the best job opportunities.
After You Graduate
As a graduate from BTI, you can always come back for help with your resume, to brush up on your interview skills or even sit in on a class to stay up to date with the latest trends in your industry.
Even if you decide to change jobs five years after you graduate, you can come back to BTI to get quality and professional help that will only increase your chances for that new job or promotion.