Career Services and Placement Assistance
At Berks Technical Institute, our mission is to provide you with a quality education that will lead you to your new career. Part of that plan is help you land a new job after graduation.
From Classroom to Career
Our Career Services department is designed to prepare you for the job market and to help you succeed in your new career. We recognize that knowledge learned in the classroom isn’t the only aspect of a quality education. We believe it is important for you to gain hands-on experience as well.
How BTI's Career Services Help
- Meet with an Admissions Representative: As part of the the admissions process, you will meet with an Admissions Representative to ensure that you are placed in the program that is the best fit for you.
- New Student Orientation: Once you are admitted, but before classes start, you will attend an orientation where you will meet other students, staff and faculty, who are all there to help you take steps to your new career.
- Career Portfolio: As you complete your education, you will have access to our employment placement services. As part of that service, we will work with you to develop a Career Portfolio where you will combine your class projects and letters of recommendation to show potential employers.
- Externships and Practicums: One of the most important aspects of your resume that can help you find a job when you graduate is having hands-ons experience. Many of our programs provide you learning opportunities through an externship or practicum, a place where you can apply the things you learned in the classroom.
- Career Workshops: In these career workshops held throughout the year, our placement assistance department provides tips on how to best present yourself on paper and in person. These employment placement services empower you through solid resumes and interview skills.
Since our programs began in the 1980s, we have been building partnerships in the community with local businesses. Berks Technical Institute has cultivated nearly 500 working, professional relationships within the community, which means we have the resources to help find you the best job opportunities.